During these Covid-19 times our children are living through history. They will look back as adults and try to remember what life was like for them at this point. To help them make their quarantine time more memorable, why not help them create their own time capsule. Since we are practicing social distancing and have a lot of time to ourselves, let’s get creative and make some great memories that we can look back on many years to come.
Here’s how to do it:
1. With your help, have the children write a letter to themselves. Tell their age, who their friends are favorite TV show, song, book…etc. Write about the current situation in their own words. Tell their future self how they feel, who and what they miss. Talk about what they want to be when they grow up and 5 things they want to do when they are an adult.
2. If it’s safe to get a news paper get one and have them cut out an article that they think it would be important for their future self. You can also print one out from the internet.
3. Draw a picture of the family as it is right now.
4. Take some pictures during these quarantine days and include them in the capsule.
5. Lastly, your capsule can be in a form of a box, scrap book or a paper tube that you can buy at a craft store. Put everything you’ve gathered in it and stick it up in the attic or somewhere you won’t get to it in many years to come.
I hope you all are in good health and are making the best of the situation we all are in. Have fun making your own time capsule and I hope to see you very soon.